This week we sat down with Helen Jane to find out a little bit more about what she does within the business. We had virtual brunch and asked some questions which would allow our clients and followers the chance to get to know her a little better.
1. What is your role within the business?
To deal with the technical aspect of the work and work with the solicitors to keep an eye on what is happening with all of the files. I have a crossover role with the paralegals who support the solicitors. It is also to advise on strategies which our solicitors have formulated for their cases.
We are a fantastic team, communication throughout the business is key, which we do through email and other platforms such as slack to make sure that we are on the same page.
2. How long have you worked at Benussi & Co?
I have been with the business for 22 years now, I think it was ’99.
3. What do you enjoy about working for Benussi & Co?
Operating as a team together with our shared values. In some legal firms, it is more of a ‘dog-eat-dog’ attitude. Whereas here, everybody is working together for the good of the firm and, importantly, the good of the client. Everyone cares about what they do, they all want to do a good job, we all have a standard of integrity and excellence which we all share. We also look after each other and, if we are experiencing any difficulties, we all know that the support is there from all members of the team.
4. What are your thoughts on COVID-19/National Lockdowns and how it has affected relationships and married couples getting divorced?
It has increased isolation for people who are in an unhappy relationship, for people who are in an abusive relationship it has increased the toxicity of their situation and made them feel even more powerless and controlled.
5. What would be the best piece of advice that you would give to a friend who is contemplating divorce?
Don’t delay. Press the button. You will get through it, and your life will be better.
6. What is your go-to naughty Friday afternoon lunch in the office?
Chilli and a packet of crisps.
7. What is different about Benussi & Co compared to other family law firms?
We share a working ethos, and we care about each other and our clients. We are strategic in what we do, and we all have that common goal, we all approach working with a client in the same way which is effective. We are led from the top!
8. You are hosting a dinner party, which three guests would you invite?
Nigel Slater, Kenneth Williams and Alan Bennett.
Benussi & Co can offer support if you’re going through a divorce or separation. Our team of divorce solicitors can help steer you through.