This week we sat down with Davina Smith to find out a little bit more about what she does within the business. We had virtual brunch and asked some questions that would allow our clients and followers the chance to get to know her a little better.
1. What is your role within the business?
I am the personal assistant to Helen & Diane Benussi.
2. How long have you worked at Benussi & Co?
I have worked here for three years now.
3. What do you enjoy about working for Benussi & Co?
The people are amazing, we have a fantastic team. Helen is a great boss she makes it really easy to come to work. When I first joined the firm I had no prior knowledge of the law, so it has been really interesting to see the cases that come through in regards to divorce, children and the other areas that we specialise in.
4. What would be the best piece of advice that you would give to a friend who is contemplating divorce?
Listen to your Solicitor! You will sometimes not like the advice given, but they are there to do what is best for you. The process may seem never-ending, but be patient, it’ll all work out in the end.
6. What is your go-to naughty Friday afternoon lunch in the office?
That one is easy! Jerk Chicken, Mutton, Rice and Peas with Plantain and Coleslaw!
7. What is different about Benussi & Co compared to other family law firms?
As a family-owned firm, we offer more of a personal touch. We build friendly, but professional relationships, with our clients. The Solicitor’s and staff have great working relationships, sharing ideas to increase knowledge. We go above and beyond to get the best possible outcome for our clients.
8. You are hosting a dinner party, which three guests would you invite?
I would invite Michael Jackson as there are so many questions I would like to ask him in general and I would love to see him perform live. I would invite my Great Grandma as I never had the chance to meet her and my Mom always tells me great stories about her when she was growing up and we also share the same birthday. The final person I would invite would be Princess Diana as I find her story fascinating and there are lots of questions I would like to ask her.